X-Plane Freeware Forums: CESSNA 150, CESSNA 152 - X-Plane Freeware Forums

Request Rules

• Has it been Requested Before? By using the Search Button in the top right corner of your browser you can search this forum, or the whole website by entering the "keywords" of your request.
  • Have you Searched for this request on other sites (eg. Xplane.org)? By searching on other Xplane related sites for your request can save heaps of time for the people trying to answer your request. If you can't access the site chances are you haven't registered. If so, sign up, most of the time ITS FREE!
  • Have you tried Google (or any other search engine)? By "Googling" your request, your not only searching forum or a website but the Whole Global Web Network.
  • Always type what you're requesting in the Topic's Title. Please don't just write "Aircraft Request" or "Paint" this can really bug people and it's not helping your cause either.
  • Be specific (eg. ANA RR 747-400 with a green stripe on the tail and pictures of cats stuck in buckets along the side). Being specific means you're less likely to get answers that aren't to your liking.

• Don't request people to make Aircraft/Scenery or other stuff, unless advised to do so.
  • DON'T WRITE YOUR WHOLE REQUEST IN A STUPID STYLE (EG. FULL CAPS)
  • Use spell check, and use appropriate grammer. If English is not your first language, have a native English speaker to help you. Nonsense posts will be deleted immediately, regardless of the language of the poster.
  • Don't "dig up" old posts. If its over 6 months old, it should be considered a closed topic, except in very rare and special circumstances!
  • Search for your request before you post it!
  • Help others out!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

CESSNA 150, CESSNA 152

#1 User is offline   FranZ 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:X-Plane, Rockabilly, Painting, and much more.
  • System:Mac Osx

Posted 19 February 2006 - 07:05 PM

Anyone know where to find a freeware cessna 150 or 152 for XP 8+?

#2 User is offline   caboose 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • System:mac mini

Posted 19 February 2006 - 09:32 PM

there are some at www.x-plane.org

#3 User is offline   raato 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: betatester
  • System:Linux & OS-X

Posted 20 February 2006 - 02:10 AM

For example here is Tracy Walkers 150J
Posted Image Posted Image
OpenSuSE 10.1 Linux P4 2.8GHz 1.5GB DDR266 GeForce 6800GT 256MB

#4 User is offline   FranZ 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 20 February 2006 - 03:05 PM

View Postcaboose, on Feb 20 2006, 04:32 AM, said:

there are some at www.x-plane.org

Thanks!!!

View Postraato, on Feb 20 2006, 09:10 AM, said:

For example here is Tracy Walkers 150J

Thanks!

It is a Cessna 150 but not very correctly. It seems that a good Cessna 150 or 152 is available as payware only. A very pity :angry: . Would have been nice to have it since i'm having flying lessons starting next week in this model.

#5 User is offline   jogales 

• Southpaw
  • Group: Moderator
  • Skype Name:jogales51
  • Interests:Photography, airplanes and computers.
  • System:2.1GHz Macbook, 250GB HD, 4GB RAM, 8.60, CH Yoke

Posted 20 February 2006 - 04:55 PM

View PostFranZ, on Feb 20 2006, 04:05 PM, said:

Thanks!!!
Thanks!

It is a Cessna 150 but not very correctly. It seems that a good Cessna 150 or 152 is available as payware only. A very pity :angry: . Would have been nice to have it since i'm having flying lessons starting next week in this model.

A payware 152 would still be a whole lot cheaper than flying the real thing :lol: If you were to get a payware 152, I would recommend the one by Jason Chandler or the Cessna pack by Marc Gebhart. I have Jason Chandler's Piper Series, and it is fantastic, so I would imagine that the Cessna would be of the same quality. The 152 by Marc Gebhart is also very nice and probably a better value. It comes in a pack with 7 other planes. The pack only costs $9 of I remember correctly, which is a small amount more than the one from Jason Chandler. 3Point also has one, but I have not been impressed with their planes.

Hope this helps and good luck with the pilot training :)
Posted Image

#6 User is offline   texmex1 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • System:X2 3600+ 22" flatpanel

Posted 20 February 2006 - 08:50 PM

I have the Cessna and Piper collections. They are both very good values.
Before I purchased the Cessna collection, I tried the Cessna 152 evaluation airplane. The evaluation isn't as complete as the one in the collection, but it flys well.
The link is located on the following page:
2V2 Sim Aircraft evaluation Cessna 152
Good luck with the flying lessons.

#7 User is offline   FranZ 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 21 February 2006 - 02:48 AM

View Postjogales, on Feb 20 2006, 11:55 PM, said:

A payware 152 would still be a whole lot cheaper than flying the real thing :lol: If you were to get a payware 152, I would recommend the one by Jason Chandler or the Cessna pack by Marc Gebhart. I have Jason Chandler's Piper Series, and it is fantastic, so I would imagine that the Cessna would be of the same quality. The 152 by Marc Gebhart is also very nice and probably a better value. It comes in a pack with 7 other planes. The pack only costs $9 of I remember correctly, which is a small amount more than the one from Jason Chandler. 3Point also has one, but I have not been impressed with their planes.
Hope this helps and good luck with the pilot training :)

Thank you! I will seriously consider in buying it, since no freeware cessna's 150/152 are available. That's a very pity, while it's the most used training craft.

#8 User is offline   BrianHA 

• Addict
  • PipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Group: Member of honor
  • Skype Name:What's a Skype?
  • Interests:All Aviation; Flying, Simming, and aircraft Photography.
  • System:Windows. GeForce 6800 GT. 1gig RAM

Posted 21 February 2006 - 07:18 AM

.................There is yet another payware option. Since this was not mentioned in any of the posts above, you might also take a look at this Cessna 152 if you wish. Here is the link:

http://www.3pointair...m/cessna152.htm

Good luck in all your flying adventures.

BA.
......................errr.....come again there ..tower.........What fell off of who's plane?........

#9 User is offline   raato 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • System:Linux & OS-X

Posted 21 February 2006 - 03:18 PM

I have 3points 152 and really like it. It's bit old - no transparent windows, nor 3D cockpit but I've made those myself to the plane and AFAIK can share it to ppl who have bought it.
Posted Image Posted Image
OpenSuSE 10.1 Linux P4 2.8GHz 1.5GB DDR266 GeForce 6800GT 256MB

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic