X-Plane Freeware Forums: What happened to older planes?? - X-Plane Freeware Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What happened to older planes??

#1 User is offline   mm1975 

• Pip
  • Group: Members
  • System:COmputer

Posted 19 September 2016 - 12:06 PM

Hi,
I'm an X-plane 9 user that is not planning to buy 10, but I plan to wait until X-plane 11 comes out. Being stuck with XP 9.70 I am constantly looking for old XP 9 aircraft that are still out there. One thing that puzzles me is that this site used to have lots more plane to upload. There are only a few 767 Boeings and maybe a couple of other planes here these days. Lately, someone sent me a copy of the old Trump Boeing 727 that was developed from a 727-200 was originally done Alex Unruh, Morten Melhuus, Peter Meininger and Geoff Legg. And this is the site the plane was originally found at ( both the Trump plane and original ).

Any way to find some of these old planes? I was amazed by the modelling quality of the Trump 727 ( as good as many payware planes for X-plane 10 ) so I have to figure the original was of equal quality. It's impossible right now to find a good 727 anywhere for X-plane 9, freeware or payware. There is one on the org done by Corvell but it's no good for anything, not worth downloading. Does anyone have a repository of old planes that used to be on this site? Any help dredging up these old planes would do many XP 9 users a huge favor, there are still a lot of us out there!

#2 User is offline   mm1975 

• Pip

Posted 20 September 2016 - 11:26 AM

********Sound of crickets************* Hello.....Hello..........Hello...................Hello!! Echo.......Echo..........Echo....................Echo.............................Echo............................**************More sound of Crickets after echos stop***************

Seriously though, anybody even come here any more?? Why not just close this thing down??

#3 User is offline   clavel9 

• Addict
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: betatester
  • Interests:Cinema, photography, tennis, cricket, &c.
  • System:Apple MacBook Pro Core 2 Duo 2.53 GHz, 4 GB RAM, OSX 10.5.7

Posted 21 September 2016 - 03:49 AM

You may have noticed that most of the threads here are several years old at this stage. This forum is pretty much dormant and none of the aircraft are either supported or in development anymore. Some of the team are now involved with other projects.

#4 User is offline   mm1975 

• Pip

Posted 21 September 2016 - 09:22 AM

View Postclavel9, on 21 September 2016 - 03:49 AM, said:

You may have noticed that most of the threads here are several years old at this stage. This forum is pretty much dormant and none of the aircraft are either supported or in development anymore. Some of the team are now involved with other projects.

Thanks for responding, seems like we're the only two to come in here in years. But I have seen that a few threads are fairly recent within this year.

Of course the planes are no longer in development, that was clear within a few minutes of coming here. Heck, X-plane 9.70 itself also not in dev nor supported!! As for support, if you have been around as long as some of us, you are your own support. Something wrong with an old X-plane 9 plane?? Just fix 'er yourself!!

We don't expect any more dev or support. I'd just like to know what happened to all the old downloads and if someone has a nice collection of them, since there are far more people flying XP 9 than one might imagine. All the old planes would be appreciated and if no longer available, they are just going to waste. Many either can't afford XP10, have rigs that are too old to run it or simply don't like since it went to more eye-candy than substance and the things that really matter.

Seems to me someone is paying to keep up this site and it ain't free. I figure that the big reason the older planes have been taken down is that server space for a large collection would be even more cost prohibitive. I just want to see if someone has them on a drive somewhere so ( with permission ), they might be uploaded to the org or something.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic