X-Plane Freeware Forums: Gateway To The Rockies is HERE! - X-Plane Freeware Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Gateway To The Rockies is HERE! KCOS/Peterson AFB 100 MB Expanded Scenery Pkg

#1 User is offline   DDeGroff 

• Addict
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Website design(Mac G5 2.1 20&quot;), Flash design(Macromedia MX04), Studio recording (Garage Band), Astronomy (Orion XT10).<br /><br />
  • System:iMac G5 2.1 mhz 20" 1 Gig Ram and eMac 1.25

Posted 27 April 2007 - 01:16 AM

'Gateway To The Rockies' is Here!

Gateway To The Rockies is an expanded scenery package for XP 8.4 - 8.6 which enhances the entire Colorado Springs area from Pueblo up to Denver, including:

*Colorado Springs Municipal Airport (KCOS)
*Peterson Air Force Base
*The United States Air Force Academy w/ Cadet Chapel
*Garden Of The Gods National Park
*Colorado Springs Municipal EAST
*Black Forest
*Pikes Peak Summit House and Cog Railway
*Pueblo Airport
*Fort Carson
*Downtown Colorado Springs
*NORAD at Cheyanne Mountain
*Many other various GA landing strips, farms and attractions throughout eastern Colorado

Please be advised: This scenery is over 100mb in size. Do not download if you can't wait on it, as I am funding this download. This way I can keep this link up for as many people as possible!

Download the file H E R E

Previews:

Colorado Springs Municipal Airport:

Attached File  kcosfront.png (822.12K)
Number of downloads: 329Attached File  united_gate.jpg (344.73K)
Number of downloads: 293
Attached File  fedexcomp.jpg (352.35K)
Number of downloads: 243Attached File  continental.jpg (319.15K)
Number of downloads: 234

Peterson Air Force Base:
Attached File  peterson_comm.png (947.95K)
Number of downloads: 155Attached File  dome_hangar.jpg (387.7K)
Number of downloads: 196
Attached File  peterson_ft.jpg (379.62K)
Number of downloads: 145

United States Air Force Academy:
Attached File  thunderbird.jpg (631.93K)
Number of downloads: 228Attached File  chapel2.jpg (481.99K)
Number of downloads: 152Attached File  chapel.jpg (450.09K)
Number of downloads: 190hapel.jpg]Attached File  af_stadium.jpg (523.92K)
Number of downloads: 275

:globe:
Posted Image

Current Project: Gateway To The Rockies MAX Featuring Denver International Airport....ETA 12/25/07
Previous Project: Gateway To The Rockies (KCOS/Peterson Air Force Base Scenery)
Repaint liveries: Southwest Airlines Special Livery 10-pack ....includes California One, New Mexico One, Silver One, Noland Ryan Gold, Maryland One, California One Concept, Slam Dunk One One, Arizona One, Nevada One..... Also includes Shamu Blue and Shamu Gold (by Schan01)
B727 Retro Livery Combo: Continental Airlines Retro and United Airlines Retro.

#2 User is offline   leostapper 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: betatester
  • System:gfg

Posted 27 April 2007 - 06:21 AM

Well, very much thanks for this project, but There are no airport buildings.... nothing only th default scenery of xplane.
I´m using xplane 8.6. for example here at KCOS
Attached File  screenshot_2.png (1.87MB)
Number of downloads: 170
I installed it as its written in the readme and it when I load KCOS I see that hes loading a very big scenery.
Please tell me why t doesn´t work.
Thanks.
Leo

#3 User is offline   shizumaat 

• Noah
  • PipPipPip
  • System:Mac Pro 2.66Ghz Quad Core Xeon, 7GB RAM, 1.5TB disk, Nvidia 8800GT 512MB VRAM

Posted 27 April 2007 - 11:27 AM

Looks AWESOME, i've been waiting for this one!

The link is not working for me though... I get an error from box.net about "No shared files/folders found".

Thanks!
Noah Lieberman

Posted Image

#4 User is offline   DDeGroff 

• Addict
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Website design(Mac G5 2.1 20&quot;), Flash design(Macromedia MX04), Studio recording (Garage Band), Astronomy (Orion XT10).<br /><br />

Posted 27 April 2007 - 06:24 PM

Leo

That screenshot doesn't look like .dsf. It looks like the old .env terrain...I wonder if your missing files...although maybe I've just had Global Scenery too long to remember what the old KCOS looked like.

This scenery has been downloaded 546 times thus far and so far zero compatibility issues so far with any of it. So long as you have .dsf files for this area, it should lay on the scenery with no problem.

Shizzu

Yes, at around noon, this scenery hit the 20 gig data tranfer limit and I had to upgrade my account. Go ahead and download now. =)
Posted Image

Current Project: Gateway To The Rockies MAX Featuring Denver International Airport....ETA 12/25/07
Repaint liveries: Southwest Airlines Special Livery 10-pack ....includes California One, New Mexico One, Silver One, Noland Ryan Gold, Maryland One, California One Concept, Slam Dunk One One, Arizona One, Nevada One..... Also includes Shamu Blue and Shamu Gold (by Schan01)

#5 User is offline   Howdy 

• Insomniac
  • View blog
  • Group: Root Admin
  • Skype Name:howdytc
  • Interests:Flying, Skiing, Singing, Playing Guitar, Computers

Mac OSX 10.8
    Mac Pro 2.93 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon 8 gig RAM
    ATI 5870 2 gig VRAM

MacBook PRO 2gig RAM 256 ATI 1600
  • System:Mac OSX 10.8, Mac Pro 2.93 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon, 8 gig RAM, ATI 5870 2 gig VRAM ------------- MacBook PRO -- 2gig RAM -- 256 ATI 1600

Posted 27 April 2007 - 08:11 PM

AWESOME!!! I needed a break from the stuff I'm working on. Looks like you gave me a darn good excuse to spend a little time exploring the Gateway :D I really appreciate you sharing this with all of us.
Posted Image

Tom Curtis Apple Valley, CA USA

Posted Image

I THINK I can...... I THINK I Can.......

#6 User is offline   DDeGroff 

• Addict
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 27 April 2007 - 09:38 PM

View PostHowdy, on Apr 27 2007, 09:11 PM, said:

AWESOME!!! I needed a break from the stuff I'm working on. Looks like you gave me a darn good excuse to spend a little time exploring the Gateway :D I really appreciate you sharing this with all of us.

Thanks Tom. I'm curious to see what you think - considering your great amount of experience with large packages. Denver Int. will be included on the final release along with a half dozen more airports. Aspen.... Centennial...... etc.

BTW, I paid an up front fee for unlimited data transfer for this year. I might be able to host some of your sceneries if you have an interest. Sure beats bit torrent.
Posted Image

#7 User is offline   Utke 

• Look at me!
  • PipPipPipPip
  • System:XP 9.4+ IMAC : 2.8GHZ QUAD-CORE INTEL CORE I7, 8GB 1066MHZ DDR3 SDRAM, ATI RADEON HD 4850 512MB

Posted 28 April 2007 - 05:22 AM

Great work :punk:

thanks for sharing .

Nik
Posted Image

#8 User is offline   Howdy 

• Insomniac
  • View blog

Mac OSX 10.8
    ATI 5870 2 gig VRAM

• System:Mac OSX 10.8, Mac Pro 2.93 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon, 8 gig RAM, ATI 5870 2 gig VRAM ------------- MacBook PRO -- 2gig RAM -- 256 ATI 1600

Posted 28 April 2007 - 05:49 PM

View PostDDeGroff, on Apr 27 2007, 08:38 PM, said:

Thanks Tom. I'm curious to see what you think - considering your great amount of experience with large packages. Denver Int. will be included on the final release along with a half dozen more airports. Aspen.... Centennial...... etc.

BTW, I paid an up front fee for unlimited data transfer for this year. I might be able to host some of your sceneries if you have an interest. Sure beats bit torrent.

I spent the better part of last night exploring "Pete Field", the Academy, Garden of the Gods and the Black Forest. You've definitely raised the bar on this release. Before I retired, I flew into the new terminal on several occasions in the MD-80. Your scenery made me feel right at home. My impression? :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Posted Image

Posted Image

#9 User is offline   DDeGroff 

• Addict
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 28 April 2007 - 06:43 PM

View PostHowdy, on Apr 28 2007, 06:49 PM, said:

I spent the better part of last night exploring "Pete Field", the Academy, Garden of the Gods and the Black Forest. You've definitely raised the bar on this release. Before I retired, I flew into the new terminal on several occasions in the MD-80. Your scenery made me feel right at home. My impression? :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Wait.... New Terminal? Are you saying you remember the original terminal that's now the Air and Space Museum in the center of Pete Field? I wondered if anyone would catch that. I need to drop a couple of static planes into the museum (I'd have to hand build them probably).... but it really delights me that someone knows a little background about the buildings in this scenery. It makes is so much more worth while. =)
Posted Image

#10 User is offline   Howdy 

• Insomniac
  • View blog

Mac OSX 10.8
    ATI 5870 2 gig VRAM

Posted 28 April 2007 - 09:02 PM

View PostDDeGroff, on Apr 28 2007, 05:43 PM, said:

Wait.... New Terminal? Are you saying you remember the original terminal that's now the Air and Space Museum in the center of Pete Field? I wondered if anyone would catch that. I need to drop a couple of static planes into the museum (I'd have to hand build them probably).... but it really delights me that someone knows a little background about the buildings in this scenery. It makes is so much more worth while. =)

Is that a polite way of saying that I'm......... well.............. OLD? ;) :lol:
Posted Image

Posted Image

#11 User is offline   DDeGroff 

• Addict
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 28 April 2007 - 09:09 PM

View PostHowdy, on Apr 28 2007, 10:02 PM, said:

Is that a polite way of saying that I'm......... well.............. OLD? ;) :lol:

No... it's amazement. I lived in the springs for 15 years and never knew they ran an airport out of that tiny little terminal up until just a handful of decades ago....
Posted Image

#12 User is offline   smcleod 

• Advanced Wingnut
  • PipPipPip
  • Skype Name:beeeker
  • Interests:Flying, cars, music, motorsports
  • System:P4C 3.4, P4C800E Dlx, X1600Pro, 2Gb OCZ PC3200

Posted 29 April 2007 - 04:03 AM

I went for a jaunt yesterday near Cheyenne Mountain...very nice :) :) :)

#13 User is offline   six7 

• Insomniac
  • View gallery
  • Group: XPFW Admin
  • System:2 x 2.26 Quad-Core Intel Xeon + ATI HD 4870

Posted 02 May 2007 - 08:43 AM

Looks great Dan... can't wait to check it out :D

#14 User is offline   DDeGroff 

• Addict
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 02 May 2007 - 07:43 PM

View Postsix7, on May 2 2007, 09:43 AM, said:

Looks great Dan... can't wait to check it out :D

Thanks Six. There are two versions by the way.... one with forest overlay and one without.
Posted Image

#15 User is offline   adkinsadam1 

• Most Elegant: Airbus A340-600
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Interests:1. X-Plane/avaition<br />(tied)1. Weather<br />2. Photography<br />3. Apple Inc.
  • System:MacBook Pro (Core 2 Duo 2.33GHz, 120GB 5400RPM Hard Drive, 3GB RAM, ATI X1600 256MB V-RAM)

Posted 13 March 2008 - 07:42 PM

Any news on Gateway to the Rockies Max? I've been looking forward to that for a while, especially KDEN. Wasn't it supposed out last year? Some updates would be nice...

#16 User is offline   Spitfire 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • System:Imac 2 GHz Power PC G5 Xplane 8.60

Posted 14 March 2008 - 07:04 PM

Yeah, I thought it would be a nice Christmas present. Sounds fantastic, as all your work is, but some updates would be nice. :)

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic