• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Demo Uninstall Demo Uninstall Leave Gaps In Scenery

#1 User is offline   DavidR 

• Pip
  • Group: Members
  • System:iMac 2.8GHz

Posted 21 February 2009 - 01:02 PM

I installed the Demo for X-Plane nine to test it. I dragged the demo folder out of my X-Plane custom scenery folder, and now X-Plane complains that scenery is missing for some areas (Alaska, Canada, I presume). I started with a complete install of all my scenery, so something is wrong. How can I fix this?

David

#2 User is offline   flightman 

• Master of the skies
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: betatester
  • Interests:playing music, flying, flying with x-plane,<br /><br />and hangin out with friends
  • System:Macbook Pro OSX,Leperd:10.5.6; Processor:2.2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo., Memory: 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM, Bus Speed:800MHz;L2 Cache:4MB;CH Products Flight yoke;Macbook OSX; 10.5.6 Processor: 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo,Memory: 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M (NEW VERSION!)

Posted 21 February 2009 - 07:44 PM

Scenery in the demo is just for LOWI. To get scenery for other continents you will have to buy x-plane.
at any given minute there is over 250 Boeing 737s in the air. about every 5 seconds one takes off or lands.

"patients is a vertu" my young padowon

i fly with x-plane 9.20 on the org sever when i fly online

e-mail me at xforums.com
Flicker photos

#3 User is offline   DavidR 

• Pip

Posted 21 February 2009 - 08:20 PM

View Postflightman, on Feb 21 2009, 07:44 PM, said:

Scenery in the demo is just for LOWI. To get scenery for other continents you will have to buy x-plane.

Yes, of course, I know. I had X-Plane installed with all the world scenery installed too. After trying the Inside Passage demo, and removing it, I have apparently lost the Canada scenery. Now I have to reinstall X-Plane from scratch. It doesn't generate a lot of confidence in the complete Inside Passage scenery package. I was interested, but now I don't know....

David

#4 User is offline   eaglewing7 

• How long was that runway?
  • PipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Location:Canada, about a thousand miles from nowhere, or CYVR/CYPK
  • Interests:Planes, planes, planes. Eventually I hope to become either a pilot or an Aerospace Engineer.<br /><br /> I want to break free!
  • System:iMac (3.06 GHz processor, 4 GB ram, 500 GB Hard Drive, NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GS with 512mb of VRAM!)

Posted 22 February 2009 - 12:05 AM

You must have deleted something wrong.

Needless to say this should not require you to completely reinstall, just install the scenery DVD with Canada on it.
"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so".
-Douglas Adam
"If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something".
-Murphy's Law
"In any hierarchy, each individual rises to his own level of incompetence, and then remains there".
-Murphy's Law

#5 User is offline   mrmac 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • System:Intel iMac 3.4Ghz 16GB Radeon HD6970HD 2GB

Posted 22 February 2009 - 08:20 AM

View PostDavidR, on Feb 21 2009, 08:20 PM, said:

Now I have to reinstall X-Plane from scratch. It doesn't generate a lot of confidence in the complete Inside Passage scenery package. I was interested, but now I don't know....

David

You only need to install the scenery that is missing and this can be done from the XP9 installation disk. I would not have thought that the Inside Passage scenery would have removed any of the "base" scenery as they are in completely different folders.

Peter

#6 User is offline   DavidR 

• Pip

Posted 22 February 2009 - 12:14 PM

View Postmrmac, on Feb 22 2009, 08:20 AM, said:

You only need to install the scenery that is missing and this can be done from the XP9 installation disk. I would not have thought that the Inside Passage scenery would have removed any of the "base" scenery as they are in completely different folders.

Peter

Yes, pretty strange. I just dragged the Inside Passage XP9 Demo folder out of the X-Plane Custom Scenery folder back to the desktop. Then I started to have problems.

I had a complete backup of X-Plane, so I have just restored that.

The other problem with the Inside Passage demo is that the web page describing it says that the download has a Summer Version and a separate Winter Version in the download. It doesn't - there are no separate SUMMER and WINTER folders in the download. Not the kind of situation you want to find when considering a purchase.

Is the developer active in this forum?

David

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic