• You cannot reply to this topic

Correct config file for x737

#1 User is offline   miked007 

• Pip
  • Group: betatester
  • System:Acer aspire

Posted 14 October 2010 - 02:32 AM

Hi,

I have a registered version of UFMCv2 and have used the relevant config files in various aircraft without any problems, B757, A332, A320, B777 etc. I use v2.1 for the B787 and v2 for all other aircraft.

I am having a problem with the EADT x737-800. I have the latest download v4.2 and I am not sure which of the .fmc config files to use with it. I do not have the EADT x737 registered version of UFMC program only the v2. The config file that is downloaded with the EADT x737 will not work with F8 because it is not licenced. I replaced it with the 737.fmc file which came with the UFMC download but continually get INVALID WEIGHT in the scratchpad.

I have set the payload to minimums, the flight is medium lenght (500nm) and the altitude set is acheivable (FL330). I checked the route no anomollies and there is no fuel in the tanks, waiting for a fuel figure from the FMC to autoload the fuel.

My last attempt setting the FMC up on a flight from KLAX to KSFO GR WT 117.6 ZFW 116.7 RES 03 FL320 it wanted 182.6 as plan fuel. Can anyone advise which is the best config file to use.

Thanks

Mike Douglas
EGGP

#2 User is offline   schufly 

• Old But Not Bold
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Member of honor
  • System:Windows

Posted 14 October 2010 - 06:54 AM

Sounds like maybe your FLT level might be to high for a 500 NM flight . Try 10,000 feet lower.
I always wanted to go up with Bob Hoover. How great would that be!

#3 User is offline   miked007 

• Pip

Posted 14 October 2010 - 07:15 AM

Hi,

Thanks for the reply but I have tried various parameters and at present I have a flight of 967nm with a payload of 30000 lbs, altitude FL320 a cost index of 100 and it want 341600 lbs of fuel.. I have even check to see if the fmc file has been corrupted but is 'normal' viewed in a text editor.

Cheers.

Mike Douglas
EGGP LJLA....above us only sky

#4 User is offline   schufly 

• Old But Not Bold
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 October 2010 - 07:53 AM

Have you seen the fuel planner inside of the X737 manual? You'll need excel to view it.

#5 User is offline   miked007 

• Pip

Posted 14 October 2010 - 08:29 AM

I have the fuel planner but when using the UFMC the flight management computer will compute the fuel prediction taking in account of the specified reserves but not the future weather. It gives a predicted flight fuel reading to allow you to set the auto fueller to do its job. To back the fuel prediction up you can also use the fuel and performance tables.

Have you actually used the UFMC?

Thanks

Mike Douglas

#6 User is offline   schufly 

• Old But Not Bold
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 October 2010 - 08:32 AM

View Postmiked007, on 14 October 2010 - 08:29 AM, said:

I have the fuel planner but when using the UFMC the flight management computer will compute the fuel prediction taking in account of the specified reserves but not the future weather. It gives a predicted flight fuel reading to allow you to set the auto fueller to do its job. To back the fuel prediction up you can also use the fuel and performance tables.

Thanks

Mike Douglas

No. Unfortunately...I've always faked it :P

#7 User is offline   fjcc 

• Addict
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: FMC development
  • System:MAC Book Pro

Posted 14 October 2010 - 03:59 PM

View Postmiked007, on 14 October 2010 - 02:32 AM, said:

Hi,

I have a registered version of UFMCv2 and have used the relevant config files in various aircraft without any problems, B757, A332, A320, B777 etc. I use v2.1 for the B787 and v2 for all other aircraft.

I am having a problem with the EADT x737-800. I have the latest download v4.2 and I am not sure which of the .fmc config files to use with it. I do not have the EADT x737 registered version of UFMC program only the v2. The config file that is downloaded with the EADT x737 will not work with F8 because it is not licenced. I replaced it with the 737.fmc file which came with the UFMC download but continually get INVALID WEIGHT in the scratchpad.

I have set the payload to minimums, the flight is medium lenght (500nm) and the altitude set is acheivable (FL330). I checked the route no anomollies and there is no fuel in the tanks, waiting for a fuel figure from the FMC to autoload the fuel.

My last attempt setting the FMC up on a flight from KLAX to KSFO GR WT 117.6 ZFW 116.7 RES 03 FL320 it wanted 182.6 as plan fuel. Can anyone advise which is the best config file to use.

Thanks

Mike Douglas
EGGP

You can not use the UFMC with the x737 because it doesnt work, you will get a lot of errors and nothing will work properly

You need the x737FMC license to run properly with the x737

The best config file to use with the x737FMC is the config file included in the x737 download

Javier
Posted Image

#8 User is offline   fjcc 

• Addict
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: FMC development
  • System:MAC Book Pro

Posted 14 October 2010 - 04:04 PM

View Postmiked007, on 14 October 2010 - 08:29 AM, said:

Thanks

Mike Douglas

Let me tell you that the fuel prediction algorithm implemented at the UFMC and x737FMC takes into account the wind at all the waypoints. As said before, the UFMC doesnt work with the x737. You need the x737FMC License.

Javier
Posted Image

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic